Yesterday's Temp: 32
Today's Temp: 64 degrees and breezy!
Forecast tomorrow: Winter Storm Warning with sleet, snow and ice.
Ah, the joys of living in the North Eastern part of the US.
We had a wonderful day yesterday with Tim (my middle child) and his family to celebrate my birthday. We had brunch out and then came back here to just hang out. John and Joey (8) played chess, Karen and I looked through old photos, we all ate pie and cookies. I got to open presents and we just talked and enjoyed each other. We also spent some time planning the big 4th of July family party. We are all looking forward to this whole family get together.
Linda O'Brien tagged me. The rules are simple: 1. link to the person that tagged you - 2. post the rules on your blog - 3. share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself - 4. tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs - 5. let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their site.
1. I love cheese. In fact, I think all other foods are just a vehicle to get cheese to the meal. Every other place I have lived has had cheese shops, but I have yet to find one here. I was truly in cheese heaven when we lived in Holland. We used to go to the cheese farm and buy herbed gouda. Yum. Here is my sister-in-law Leslie's recipe for a great appetizer using Jarlsburg Cheese:
Saute 2 cups chopped onion in 1/4 cup butter
2 cups shredded Jarlsburg Cheese
1 3/4 c mayonaiise
Bake @350 in a greased casserole for 25-30 minutes.
Serve with crusty bread cubes or crackers.
2. I have a thing for the number 5. I don't know why, but 5 does it for me.
3. I have an even bigger thing for small plates. I have been collecting them for years and years. I have brought very expensive ones home from my travels to remind me of a special place and I have purchased inexpensive ones in shops for no reason at all other than I liked the design. One can never have enough dessert plates or cheese plates or salad plates or little French tip plates.
4. The color red. Absolutely my favorite in big doses and tiny accents.
5. Note how the photo above brings 1-4 all together. One could say they all came full circle. I like things to tie together or come together and make sense somehow. For instance, in a collage, not only should the elements be balanced as to placement, value and color, but they should tell a story and have some relationship to one another. Stampington came out with a series of collage stamps several years ago that would have a unrelated mix of elements like a French phrase, a woman and a Spanish postage stamp. Huh?
6. I love to talk in person, on the phone, in my sleep...it's all good for me. I think everyone has a story to tell and I want to hear it and discuss it with them. John teases me that I have a sign across my forhead that says "tell me your story" because total strangers will start talking to me in line at the grocery store or at restaurants, really anywhere. I have also been accused/teased about rambling on, but I am absolutely sure that every single one of my words is ultimately interesting and important and that people just hang on my every opinion and story. Hey! Hello? Is anybody still reading this?
Stencils are coming! Stencils are coming! We are revamping Small Studio Productions and when it is done we will have a whole section devoted to stencils and these are not your mother's stencils, but really fun and cool stencils. I will keep you posted.