I don't know why I like photos of "white" decorating so much when I have done my house in a dozen deep colors. The white photos are dreamy and calming and impractical for the way we live. We are a feet-up kind of family. We own our furniture, it does not own us. Christmas decorations come in all colors. I own mostly traditional red and green stuff, yet I love the photos of the white stuff.
Here are some photos that appealed to me today.
I also love red and white and look at the black and white checkered floor.
Our bedroom is red and white whereas this one above is white with a bit of red. Great headboard.
I like the apple green accents and the hardwood floor in this photo.
I just like this black hutch with the wreath. I can picture the family sitting round the table sharing stories and laughter.
These plates would look great in the cabinet above. Red and white again.
I like this little pinecone tree, too. All photos are from Country Living, Elle Decor and Fresh Home.
Odds and ends:
1. I can't believe how many catalogs we are receiving in the mail lately and many are for things we never have or would shop for. We recycle them at our library.
2. We saw "Morning Glory". It would make an good tv movie. Rachel McAdams was over the top perky and Harrison Ford was over the top grumpy and Diane Keaton was the character she always plays. It was cute and predictable.
3. We have noticed more outdoor Christmas lights already up. Maybe it is because we had a warm spell and everyone decided it would be easier to put them up early rather than in the cold. Many of the lights are a combination of red, blue and purple. This color mix doesn't show up as well as plain twinkle lights.
4. Monday and Tuesday were about 60, Wednesday about 30 and snowflakes that didn't stick.
5. We have confirmed Michael deMeng, Teesha and Tracy Moore and Pam Sussman for our workshops next year (2011). I will let you know who els as soon as they are confirmed. Registration will begin in late January.